Saturday, January 07, 2006

Dreaming


I have been dreaming lately of the farm I've always wanted.

Goats for my kids to chase and milk.

Chickens, we could get eggs from and eat once in a while.

And of course, horses for me to ride!

A giant garden that we could grow veggies in and freeze extra for the winter.

Subsistence.

I guess we would homeschool too.

I am a real outdoor person.

Living here in this desert, urban - sprawl is wearing on me.

For now, dreaming will have to suffice.....and my little container garden out back!

2 comments:

Sadiq said...

Assalamualikum.

nice blog. welcome to my space as well,
http://mysticsaint.blogspot.com

Don't u think veiling the whole face except eyes are something extreme even from Islamic point of view?

What is the rational behind it and what u expect to gain out of it?

Rockin' Hejabi said...

Yes, it's extreme, and not mandated by Islam. Actually it goes against Islam, in that it makes men violate the Quranic command for the believing men to "lower the gaze".

A woman who wears niqaab forces men to sin by looking at her eyes, the only part of her body that is observable when wearing the niqaab.

I don't normally practice it...but I find it extremely useful in assisting my anonymity online!