Friday, January 05, 2007

Hermit Crabs




Introducing ..."Princess" (held by my 2-year old....hmm let's see how ling this thing stays alive!) and "Crusher," the hermit crabs!
They are the new residents of our house!

My children, especially my 7-year-old son, have been begging me to get a pet. Well, we settled for arthropods!

They're neat little creatures, and make cute chirping noises at night when they are most active.

Crusher jumped right off my hand when this photo was finished, and started running away under our furniture! Fast little thing, but I caught him.

2 comments:

Leila M. said...

Hermit crabs are the shit! Do a search on my blog and see the ones we used to have (passed on to my cousin who just passed them on to her kids teacher now). Those things live FOREVER if you give em luv ;) One got to the size of a baseball LOL

Rockin' Hejabi said...

Coolio, I will check it out!

OMG that's hudge! Definitely able to pinch something off?!