Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Shockwaves

I am really struggling to adapt lately.

I keep thinking I can just snap back into the person I was before I went to Qatar; I still can't find her; she's gone. There's only shadows and a faint memory of her existence that remain.

Can you believe that I don't even know my own name?

There are people to whom I have told one name (my muslim name), then the other(old American name). They must think I'm completley whacked. Maybe I am!

Not American, not Arabic, something else entirely.

My good friend called today from Qatar and we talked for a good half hour. It was great.

I miss that damn place!..but am simultaneously glad we came back....

2 comments:

Salihah סליחה صالحه said...

"Not American, not Arabic..."

Sister, you are beautifully and uniquely you, a Muslimah through and through! : )

Rockin' Hejabi said...

Thank you! Jezakallah khairan ya ochti...